Welcome to New Hampshire - White Mountains
White Mountains: Snow sports and a plenty of warm-weather fun
The entertainments that the people of this mountain region have devised for tourists and visitors – in all four seasons of the year – boggles the mind. In winter, of course, several ski areas --- Attitash, Bretton Woods, Waterville Valley, Wildcat, Cannon, Loon -- offer downhill and cross-country skiing as well as snowboarding, snow tubing, and terrain parks. The other seasons of the year, too, are rich with activities in the mountains, particularly for families and children.
The region has 18 family attractions, among them are the Conway Scenic Railroad and the Hobo Railroad, offering train excursions through gorgeous mountains and gorges; the Mount Washington Cog Railway, with its heart-stopping trips to the summit, where visitors can see views of four states and Canada; the Polar Caves, a series of dramatic, glacially formed caves and gorges; Santa’s Village, Fort Jefferson Fun Park, and Story Land for the younger crowd; and Whale’s Tale Water Park, with a wide selection of water slides and rides. Many of the ski areas host warm-weather activities like Alpine slides, gondola rides, biking, skate parks, climbing walls, horseback riding, and golf. Towns and ski areas also put on many festivals throughout the seasons, devoted to entertainments like music, food, wine, antique cars, and more. Stay late if you can: evening fireworks shows are becoming a frequent way to end a day of fun.
The White Mountains is a place simply to drive, gaze, step out of the car, walk, take photos, and gaze some more. A spectacular drive is the Kancamagus Highway from the town of Lincoln to the town of Conway. Conway and North Conway are very pretty mountain towns with main streets lined with interesting stores. North Conway is a hub of outlet shopping in this tax-free state. At the end of the day it is easy to find an assortment of accommodations like lodges, motels, hotels and campgrounds and enjoy fine cuisine at one of many restaurants here in the White Mountains.
- Santa’s Holiday Express 2017 with Conway Scenic Railroad - North Conway, NH
- Santa Express Trains with the Hobo Railroad 2017 - Lincoln, NH
- Holiday Tavern Dinners at Strawbery Banke Museum - Portsmouth, NH
- Vintage Christmas in Portsmouth 2017 - Portsmouth, NH
- Jingle Bell Chocolate Tour 2017 - Jackson, NH
- Gift of Lights 2017 - Loudon, NH
- Christmas at Canterbury 2017 - Canterbury, NH
- Candlelit Tours at Canterbury Shaker Village 2017 - Canterbury, NH
- Amare Cantare Performs Christmas Music - Portsmouth, Dover, Exeter, NH
- Brewery Lights at Anheuser-Busch - Merrimack, NH
- Journey to the North Pole Train Ride 2017 - Conway, NH
- Irving Berlin's “White Christmas, the Musical” - Portsmouth, NH
- “The Nutcracker” with Sole City Dance - Rochester, NH
- “A Christmas Carol” - Rochester, NH